Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sudoku...the eternal puzzler for my brain

So for the last several months, I have been addicted to Sudoku. I had never tried it but always saw it in the newspapers and wanted to try it. One time I did, but screwed it up so badly that I just tossed it. But finally, I got one, and ok, it took me a week (working on it at my lunchtime and time breaks) but I did it...then I was hooked. In the last couple weeks, I have been hoarding a few and working on them...they are full of scribbles and numbers everywhere. For someone who is distinctly more of a word geek than a numbers geek, this is a huge accomplishment. My husband will tell you (once he finishes laughing) how bad I am at math. I dread the day that Abby comes to me for math help...she's screwed! Luckily, where I fail, Clayton succeeds. And where he fails (spelling and writing), I kick butt. As long as we can hack it out together, we're perfect. But back to Sudoku, I am obsessed with finishing these little scraps of newsprint. I carry them with me everywhere. I stare at them until my eyes are almost closed. They frustrate me to no end (especially the expert ones) but I refuse to get rid of them. I'm determined to finish them. Finally, yesterday, I finished one and today I finished another one during my lunch. Does that make me feel better? Nope, cause now I'm eager to get back to the other ones and kick their butts too. I'm almost tempted to take pictures and post them...but nah...I gotta finish them though. Oh and I have a book of Sudoku puzzles and not one, but TWO IPad Sudoku apps...yep, I'm hooked...now, where did I put my pencil, pen and puzzle???

No comments:

Post a Comment