Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I may be getting better at this working out

So before my drunken debauchery Saturday night, I went to the gym and did a Stretch and Tone class. I was nervous after that last "Body Blast" class left me in agony for the rest of the week...I know I know...wah wah wah...but when you have to go up a long flight of stairs at least two to three times a day, chase after and pick up a heavy 25+ toddler, being in pain WHILE doing this is not what I want. I mean, I want to tone and stop the jiggles (not to be confused with my giggles!), but I still need to be a mom and keep my job! Anyway, I decided to hit up this Saturday morning class. Surprisingly, I like working out Saturday mornings (as long as I don't have to get up too early). It's a great way to start the day without being too much to handle and then the rest of the day is open. Again, I reached out to my posse of interested friends to see who would nibble on the bait to keep me company and with a little convincing and an hour of free babysitting by my hubby, Kelly agreed to come and work out. Luckily, her little one, Becker, is pretty much like Abby in that he's really easy to hang out with and take care of. And he and Abby adore each other! So I didn't have to twist Clayton's TOO badly. We got to the class and immediately gathered our supplies. Wow, there was a lot. The half ball (flat on bottom, round on top...kind of like a boob!), the long stretchy band thingy, the mat, the squishy ring...I only knew the mat, so this would be fun. The class was great. We stretched, we toned and the exercises weren't killing me. The half ball thing was weird though...I'm sure it's good but me trying to balance on a round object? Yeah, I weebled, I wobbled and occasionally waved like a madman. Did I fall? I know you're all thinking it. And I will answer that with a resounding...hey look over there, it's Brad Pitt naked riding a motorcycle!! OMG, did you SEE that? Wow...so anyway, the class was fun!
However, I nearly killed myself laughing when, while down on the mat doing leg lifts, I could read the half ball thing and it said "Make sure you have ample room around you in case you fall." Gee, did the person who created this thing meet me first?
After the Body Blast class, I could have fallen asleep standing up. It killed me, backed up, ran me over and then jumped up and down on top of me. This class? It energized me. I felt great. I felt motivated...and no I didn't take a nap...right away...
Both Kelly and I felt good and can't wait to do the class again this Saturday morning. Clayton is good to watch Becker and Abby for an hour, we get to get in a great exercise and feel fabulous after! And the great thing about this class? I was sore after but not god awfully so. But I definitely felt like I was working hard at the class, just not ripping my limbs off my body. I might even do that Body Blast class again...maybe next month...

3 comments:

  1. Hey there, Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! That boob thing, lol, is difficult. Does your gym name everything Body something? I go to a Gold's gym and everything is Body Step, Body Pump, etc. I definitely vary my classes because different ones leave me feeling sore in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love me some drunken debauchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think they name them "Body" something to motivate us to MOVE those bodies of ours...guess they don't have a "Sleeping Workout" class huh?
    And yeah, I don't go out and have drunken debauchery often...last time was in March! But when I do...it's all good!!

    ReplyDelete