Monday, July 18, 2011

Ain't going home till I shake my tailfeather...and dance on the bar...

Well, the plan was originally to hit up Dirty Dogs bar in Hamilton and ride the mechanical bull, dance on the bar and get hit on. We pre-drank...mostly cause we're all broke and trying to maximize our party experience (cause we don't do it often...the last time I got out to dance/drink, was March). We trooped to Dirty Dogs and not only was the mechanical bull out of commission (aw man!), but it was dead in there...I mean DEAD! Like when we left, it was the bartenders and the bouncer...yeah, and it was 12 a.m. I think the mechanical bull killed the party mood for sure.
But before we called it quits there, we did get up on the bar and shook our asses. I personally loved that they had a bar above your head firmly in place to hold onto (for dear life, cause I am SUCH a klutz!) and to allow you the freedom to shake your ass without ending up as a front row pancake. And yes, the super klutz wore flats! And jeans! Then we hit the pole...well, not HIT it...but we wrapped ourselves around it and made asses out of ourselves. Yep, kind of glad we were the only crew there...and no one took video...but after trying to liven up the joint, Danee (the birthday girl and the reason we were out partying in the first place) decided we needed to try out Liquid Kitty (and I swear I'm not making that name up...the upstairs bar is called Tailgate Charlie's but the downstairs bar is Liquid Kitty...yeah, I don't know...) but immediately, it was way better. Good live band music (playing everything from Lady Gaga to Black Eyed Peas to well, something else...I was a little intoxicated) and then during breaks, pumping dance music to shake our asses too. I found out that yes, apparently I AM a cougar...but I was assured by a random cute guy that I was a hot cougar...so that felt pretty damn good...until I went inside and my husband was not only dancing but grinding with all my friends...while their boyfriend/hubby were right there...yep, he was just a wee bit intoxicated himself! But it was all good. We drank, danced, drank, danced and had a riot...but I still have a date with that mechanical bull. I'm getting old and if I'm going to get tossed by a bull, it's not going to be after 40...so Dirty Dogs, I WILL be back...plus the bouncer was pretty cute...hmmm...maybe leave the hubby at home...tee hee...I'll be good...maybe...maybe I should leave the camera at home too...hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment