Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Might as well face it, she's addicted to...SHREK!

I have a confession to make...my kid is addicted to Shrek. Yep, the big green Ogre in the movies...she loves the big green lug. She loves Donkey, Puss in Boots, Fiona, Gingy, Dragon and the Ogre babies. I blame Clayton. As we were getting sick of Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny and other shows constantly on repeat in our toddler's world, he decided one afternoon to put on Shrek for a change of pace...way to go hun! Now, Abby is hooked like a crack addict. Thank GOD we have all four, plus the Christmas one...and the Halloween one...and the straight to DVD Donkey Christmas Spectacular...she gets up in the morning "Donkey?" We get home from the store "Donkey? Shrek?" We get in the car "Donkey? Momma?" I can now find all the hidden things about Shrek that no one else even KNOWS about...for example, in Shrek the Third, Rumpelstiltskin is one guy...but then in the Shrek Forever After, the guy is COMPLETELY different! Yep, this stuff will keep me up at night, wondering why. I won't go into all the stuff I've noticed but as far as I'm concerned, if she's addicted to that over say, that In the Night Garden or Yo Gabba Gabba...I'm ok with that. It's the one thing that she will sit down and actually WATCH. I'm even wondering if when that Puss in Boots movie comes out, we could take her...hmm...not sure...maybe...yeah, probably not. Clayton and I can now almost completely recite all the movies...and the worst part is that BEFORE all this, we have seen each movie several times because Bella was hooked on Shrek too so I think we should start getting some of the profits cause we're keeping the green dude in circulation...

No comments:

Post a Comment